Participating in Behavioral Research
At the University of Michigan School of Information, we do research at the intersection of Economics, Psychology, Computer Science and Information Science. Usually, our studies address human decision making in situations that are interesting to economists and social scientists more broadly. We are always looking for new subjects to help us by participating in our studies.
If you are interested to participate in a study, click here.
- You can experience research first hand.
- You can make an important contribution to research at the University of Michigan.
- You can earn money.
Where does the research take place?
- Studies are either conducted at our lab in North Quad or online.
- Participation typically takes 1-2 hours.
Risks & discomfort of participation
- Studies typically do not involve deception of any kind, nor physical discomfort.
- There is no “right” or “wrong” way to make choices.
- Studies are not for the purposes of selling you anything or marketing something to you or another person.
- Your data and identity are always protected, and you always have the option to opt out.
How can I participate in a study?
- To sign up to our subjects database, visit our Experiment Server page.
- This is not a commitment to participate; you will simply receive notifications about upcoming studies.
- If a study interests you, you will have the opportunity to sign up for that study.